The Office of African American Affairs Parents Advisory Association (OAAA/PAA) of No.VA/MD/DC was established to support the UVA OAAA in an effort to develop and sustain programs that provide opportunities, resources, and a support system for African American students at the University of Virginia (UVA).
Our objective is to assist in sustaining OAAA programs that optimize the college experience and promote academic excellence. We are committed to ensuring African-American students thrive academically and achieve high graduation rates.
The UVA OAAA/PAA of No.VA/MD/DC makes an impact on student life at the University of Virginia by:
- Providing financial support
- Addressing diversity issues at the University of Virginia
- Supporting recruitment and retention
- Sponsoring fund raising events for the Office of African-American Affairs (OAAA)
Parents and friends are encouraged to join the PAA and volunteer to work with the different committees ensuring the success of the PAA’s future programs and efforts. For further information concerning the OAAA/PAA, visit the http://oaaa.virginia.edu/parents-advisory-association website.
This year, the scholarship amount will be $500, and more than one may be awarded.
To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must:
· Be a 2nd, 3rd or 4th year UVA student.
· Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5.
· Submit a completed application.
The application must be fully completed and submitted no later than April 21, 2017. Apply Now